Friday, February 15, 2013

A very unique find in a Mark Twain book.



I was sitting in my Library, in my Lincoln rocker that I just wrote about the other day.  I was going through some books. Behind the chair is some Dickens and Twain. I have not read all of the books in the sets. I will, I hope before I  assume room temp.   But I was sitting in the chair and pulled out one of the books and was running my hands through it and a bill flew out of the book. A 2 dollar bill!

On closer inspection I saw it was a Philippians 2 Pesos bill.  It was a VICTORY bill. These were the currency made in the United States and brought in when MacArthur came back in 1944. I was so shocked I checked every other book in the set.......Nothing!  One can dream huh?

 But what an odd find.  So I figured I would share with you what a Victory Bill looks like. Obviously put in that book many years ago by perhaps someone who was fighting there in 1944-45.

Surprises come in all sizes and kinds.. this was truly one of them